Dear Mills Community,
It sure was nice to have a little time off from the school-day routine last week, but now we have to get back into the swing of things. As we move into December, the holiday season is approaching which means we are making lists, making cookies, and making room in the closet for cooler-weather clothes. Please keep in mind these ways to help our community and Mills.
- The Coats for Kids drive runs through December 7th, so please consider donating your coats that no longer fit and/or picking up a new one while shopping for this season's coat.
- Mills will be supporting our sister school, Odom Elementary, by participating in the Odom Adopt-A-Family program. More details coming soon.
- If you are a fan of shopping from the comforts of your home, please considering purchasing via Mills’ Amazon Associates and/or Amazon Smile banners on the Mills PTA homepage. A percentage of your purchase goes back to Mills.
- Check out details and other ‘free money for Mills’ programs.
- Support Mills Literacy Programs by making a purchase at the Barnes & Noble Book Fair (Sunset Valley location) from December 2nd – 4th or shopping online.
We saw some great photos on our Mills Facebook page. You may submit those to the yearbook committee. See the Yearbook webpage for more information. Get $2.00 off if you order by November 30th.
We are thrilled to announce that our PTA is able to contribute just over $15,000 towards this year’s Projects and Goals. Items include art strips to hang student artwork, technology needs, printers, new risers for music department, library books, science materials, portable PA system, educational websites for reading, spelling, & multiple study worksheets, pop up tents for events, projection screen, tennis ball cutter, miniature ponies visit, professional development for teachers, improved outdoor lighting for portables, outdoor bench, alternative/flexible classroom seating, and support for literacy programs. Thanks to your generous support, it is possible for us to fund improvements to Mills and to aid in the funding of educational materials for our children.
Mark your calendars for the following PTA & school events:
November 30th: Last Day to get $2.00 off your yearbook purchase
December 2nd-4th: Barnes & Noble Book Fair benefitting Mills Literacy Programs (Sunset Valley location); sign up to volunteer http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a44acab4-mills1/4881074
December 8th: Mills Spirit Night at Chipotle (5-9pm) – More details to come soon
December 15th: Staff Birthday Appreciation – watch for signup opportunities soon.
December 21st-January 3rd: Winter School Holiday
Go Mountain Lions!
Mills Elementary PTA