Welcome to the Mills PTA Website
The Mills PTA website is updated weekly with current information and events around Mills. The goal is to have the Mills PTA website be a single source of information to our Mills families.
Dear Mills Community,
The first day of school is Monday, August 22nd so everyone is getting their backpacks, school supplies, and first-day photo signs and outfits ready. Mills Elementary School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) has also been gearing up for the school year and we cannot wait to put our ideas into action. Mills PTA is successful due the tremendous parental involvement and support that we have so stay tuned for many opportunities over the school year for you to be an active participant in your child’s school and education. Our PTA believes it is important to share who we are, what we do and how you can make a difference. We strive to do this in every capacity possible. Currently the Mills PTA comprises five officers, and over 15 committees. Each committee has various task and goals, which may include providing a service to Mills, our community or fundraising activities. In addition to our FUNdraising & Festivals committees, we pride ourselves on providing an array of services via Go Green, Community Outreach, Yearbook, Staff Appreciation, Arts in Education, and Landscaping/Campus Beautification, just to name a few. We encourage cultural and family engagement activities like Holidays Around the World to celebrate the diversity of our Mills’ community as well as to promote family fun & fitness with our Amazing Race.
If this is your first year at Mills, either as a kindergarten parent or someone who has moved to the area, we want to extend a special welcome to you. We are very proud of our school, our students, our staff, and our parents and we highly encourage you to become involved. Please take a moment to check out our entire list of PTA Committees and find the perfect niche for you.
- Tissues & Tears – August 22nd starting 7:45am (following drop-off). Mostly an informal gathering with our Mills counselors. We invite Kindergarten parents and new families to Mills to join us for refreshments and informative conversation.
- Back to School Nights – These information sessions are for parents only.
- Tuesday, September 13: Kinder (5:30); 1st grade (6:00), 2nd grade (6:30)
- Thursday, September 15: 3rd grade (5:30), 4th grade (6:00), 5th grade (6:30)
- Join Mills PTA – Join our Mills Community. An annual membership is only $10 per person. Join other parents and be involved in your child’s educational experience. You should receive a Join PTA Envelope from your child’s teacher. Please complete member information and submit to the office or via your child’s teacher. Check out the webpage for more information. Click here to sign up online.
- Join the Mills Facebook page (Upon request, please watch for a message from an admin and reply to verify your affiliation with the school. This will ensure only parents and staff have access to this closed group.)
- Box Tops for Education & Free Money for Mills: a valuable resource for obtaining free monies for Mills! Includes Box Tops collections and contests, Randall’s Good Neighbor program, Tyson Project, and Amazon Smile purchases. Remember every clip counts. See the page for more information.
Coming Soon (details will be sent out in the coming weeks):
- September PTA Association Meeting – All members who have paid dues this school year and interested parties are invited to this meeting tentatively scheduled for Thursday, September 29th @ 7:00pm in Mills Cafeteria. You may also join PTA at this event. We will vote on a budget and discuss our goals for the 2016-17 school year.
- Mills Spiritwear Information – Show your school spirit and order some great Mountain Lion attire.
- PTA Committee Information - Various committees will appreciate any helping hands – whether it be at school or at home. Please take a moment to check out our entire list of PTA Committees and find the perfect niche for you. This is your chance to get involved, meet new parents and join in on the fun… so reach out to the chair of the committee that peaks your interest.
- Mills Online Directory – A great resource for organizing play dates, parent meetups, etc.
- Yearbook Information – Yearbook sales are completed online all the way through December.
Mills Elementary PTA
Mills PTA Mission Statement
Joe Dan Mills, Jr. Parent- Teacher Association (PTA) is committed to promoting family, community and education, and ensuring a powerful voice for all children. The PTA emphasizes volunteerism, empowering members to share and enhance advocacy, leadership and communication. PTA enriches student education through cultural programs, curriculum enhancements and community outreach, providing a foundation of support for teachers, staff and administrators.