REFLECTIONS during COVID-19:
All entries will be accepted digitally
Call for Entries video!
Entries are due Friday, November 6, 2020. Entry forms for each entry should be sent in digital format to email@example.com. Digital copies of the entry can be saved to the student’s Google drive and then shared with firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I Matter Because” is the theme for the 2020-2021 Reflections Art Program. This amazing program increases community awareness of the importance of arts in education. Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
PARTICIPATION IS EASY, EXCITING AND EMPOWERING
All students preK-5th grade are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas: (click on specific area for RULES)
A well-developed concept is more important than technique. Entries will be judged primarily on how well the student uses his or her artistic vision to portray the theme. Many times, the artist statement will make a huge difference during judging because this is where the artist can explain in their own words, their thoughts and feelings for their piece.
NOTE: Students can enter multiple areas of competition with each completed entry form submitted.
Artwork is divided into divisions:
- Primary: preK-2
- Intermediate: 3rd-5th
- Special Artists
Due to COVID-19 restrictions,
Reflections Celebration Gallery will be offered digitally.
At least one person from the primary household of each entrant must be a current member of the Mills PTA.
- Student must fill out an entry form for each entry.
- Entry must include a title and artist statement. The artist statement communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme, and the content of the work. The statement must include 10-100 words.
- Entries must be the student’s individual creativity (adult help is prohibited except for Special Artists)
- Each entry must be the creative product of 1 student even though other individuals may appear in the work
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited, except for recorded music in dance choreography and film production entries
For more detailed information read the official Participation Rules.
For additional questions, contact Kathy Adelson at email@example.com.