Entries may be submitted In-Person to the School Office or Digitally*
Entries are due Friday, November 5, 2021. Entry forms for each entry should accompany ALL entries.
PARTICIPATION IS EASY, EXCITING AND EMPOWERING!
“I Will Change The World By…” is the theme for the 2021-2022 Reflections Art Program. This amazing program increases community awareness of the importance of arts in education. Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
All students preK-5th grade are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas: (click on specific link for RULES)
KEEP SCROLLING ↓
A well-developed concept is more important than technique!
Entries will be judged primarily on how well the student uses his or her artistic vision to portray the theme. Many times, the artist statement will make a huge difference during judging because this is where the artist can explain in their own words, their thoughts and feelings for their piece.
NOTE: Students may enter multiple areas of competition with each completed entry form submitted.
Artwork is divided into divisions:
- Primary: preK-2
- Intermediate: 3rd-5th
- Special Artists
There are AWARDS ↓
A Reflections Celebration Gallery will be announced with in-person and/or digital options around December of this year.
Now for the RULES ↓
At least one person from the primary household of each entrant must be a current member of the Mills PTA.
- Student must fill out an entry form for each entry.
- Entry must include a title and artist statement. The artist statement communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme, and the content of the work. The statement must include 10-100 words.
- Entries must be the student’s individual creativity (adult help is prohibited except for Special Artists).
- Each entry must be the creative product of 1 student even though other individuals may appear in the work.
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited, except for recorded music in dance choreography and film production entries.
For more detailed information read the official Participation Rules.